share

Biografia Elton John

Biografia Elton John
A trajetória da carreira de Elton John em capitulos

slideshow - MUTE , No sound

domingo, 12 de dezembro de 2010

Elton John donates his piano to Radio 2

ELTON JOHN: ‘Drugs Nearly Killed me’

Elton John 
ELTON John’s drug habit nearly killed him.
The legendary musician — who has battled alcohol and cocaine addictions, as well as the eating disorder bulimia in the past — admitted his “tragic” life came “very close” to ending at the height of his drug problem.
When asked how close his addictions came to killing him, Elton replied, “Very close. I mean, I would have an epileptic seizure and turn blue, and people would find me on the floor and put me to bed, and then 40 minutes later I’d be snorting another line.
“This is how bleak it was, I’d stay up, I’d smoke joints, I’d drink a bottle of Johnnie Walker and then I’d stay up for three days and then I’d go to sleep for a day and a half, get up, and because I was so hungry, because I hadn’t eaten anything, I’d binge and have like three bacon sandwiches, a pot of ice cream and then I’d throw it up, because I became bulimic and then go and do the whole thing all over again.
“That is how tragic my life was.”
The 63-year-old singer — who suffered from a drug overdose in 1975 — admitted despite his vices, he never considered himself to be a drug addict.
“I’m not being flippant when I say that when I look back I shudder at the behaviour and what I was doing to myself. It just takes over your whole psyche, this stuff,” Elton added.
“I never considered myself a drug addict, I thought drug addicts were people who stuck needles in their arms. And I was the biggest junkie there was.”



Elton John donates his piano to Radio 2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2010/11_november/25/elton_john.shtml

Elton John
Sir Elton John today donated, and personally delivered, one of his beloved pianos to BBC Radio 2 to be used in live performances with both established and emerging artists.
The "Elton John Radio 2 Piano" was also delivered to celebrate Elton's unique contribution to the UK radio industry.
Fresh from his stunning performance at the Radio 2 Electric Proms in October, Elton said: "I'm delighted to donate one of my treasured pianos to Radio 2, who have supported me so much over the past 40 years. The piano is, of course, my favourite instrument to play and I hope it inspires the musicians who play it."
The Yamaha DC7 piano is inscribed with Elton's signature and the network plans to use it in a unique series of live performances, on shows including Weekend Wogan, Radio 2 In Concert, Jamie Cullum's weekly jazz show and Friday Night Is Music Night. The piano will also be available to artists who perform tracks from The Great British Songbook on Simon Mayo's Drivetime show.
Lewis Carnie, Head of Programming, Radio 2 and 6 Music, comments: "It's rare that Radio 2 receives such a generous gift, and we'd like to thank Elton for offering artists who visit the station the opportunity to perform on it and, hopefully, interpret Elton's own work."
The instrument will first be used on Weekend Wogan in December.
When not in use, the piano will be on display in Radio 2's reception area in London.
Elton John will be a guest on Steve Wright 's show on Radio 2 this afternoon between 2-5pm.
SH


AUDIO INTERVIEW

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/player/Elton-John/8505/Interview.html

Elton John: Interview

Christian O'Connell speaks to Sir Elton John at Elton's house before the exclusive Absolute Radio gig at the Union Chapel.

They discuss the now-infamous radiator key necklace, the making of Elton and Leon Russell's new album The Union, working with Leon Russell, his thoughts on X Factor and more...

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/player/Elton-John/8505/Interview.html



VIDEO:

Sir Elton John guest edits Independent

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11884094
Help
Sir Elton John has been handed editorial duties at the Independent for a special edition to mark World Aids Day. Tim Muffett reports.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11884094



Elton John’s new percussion-based show to hit Russia

Published: 12 December, 2010, 16:12
http://rt.com/art-and-culture/news/elton-john-percussion-russia/


RT Photo / Marina Zakharova
RT Photo / Marina Zakharova

British music legend Sir Elton John will present his new show in Russia, together with famous English percussionist Ray Cooper. The two gigs will take place in Moscow and St. Petersburg on December 12 and 13.
The Moscow gig will be at the luxurious Crocus City Hall on Sunday. To see the legendary singer and star percussionist there you would have to lay a fistful on the table, as the hall has already earned a reputation as one of the most expensive concert venues in the city. Ticket prices range from 5000 to 50,000 rubles (approximately $160 to $1,600).
The concert in the northern capital, St. Petersburg, is set for Peterburgsky Sports and Concert Complex. Tickets are from 2,750 to 15,000 rubles (approximately $85 to $500).
The newly-formed duo’s show will feature Elton John’s old and new material, with emphasis on the drums.
Elton is no stranger to Russia. The first time he visited Moscow and St. Petersburg was in 1979. His last trip was this year, in autumn, when he brought his “Red Piano” show to Moscow.
One of the most successful world pop and rock musicians, 63-year-old Elton has influenced the development of modern music and contributed greatly to spreading piano in rock'n'roll. He is also one of the most active musicians engaged in charity.
Throughout Elton’s almost 40-year career he has sold more than 450 million copies of his records. In November, in his interview to GQ magazine, the singer stated that he is not going to compose any more pop music as he can no longer compete with the young generation of pop musicians.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Estamos aqui aguardando seu comentário para essa postagem, fique à vontade:

feed ejc

feed ejc
http://feeds.feedburner.com/EltonJohnsCorporation

map visitors


Elton John´s Pics