share

Biografia Elton John

Biografia Elton John
A trajetória da carreira de Elton John em capitulos

slideshow - MUTE , No sound

segunda-feira, 7 de maio de 2012

Caped Crusader, Rick Wakeman in the 1970s foreword by Elton John



“Caped Crusader, Rick Wakeman in the 1970s” foreword by Elton John. Friday, April 27, 2012 http://www.assistnews.net/Stories/2012/s12040143.htm

 Release of my Rick Wakeman book, Update on my sister Ruth, and Front Page Radio A Special Message from Dan Wooding By Dan Wooding Founder of ASSIST Ministries LAKE FOREST, CA (ANS) --

Dear ANS friends: Norma and I send to your all our warmest greetings and thank you for all your kind prayers and support and we especially welcome our many new subscribers to ANS. We trust that you will be both blessed and challenged by the many stories that you are receiving into your inbox several times a day. “Caped Crusader” book released Book cover It has been an exciting week for me with the news that the Gonzo Media Group has just released “Caped Crusader, Rick Wakeman in the 1970s,” my latest book with a foreword by Elton John.

 This is the authorized biography of my dear friend Rick Wakeman, who is arguably the world’s greatest rock keyboardist, and is lavishly illustrated with dozens of photos from Wakeman’s extraordinary career which includes the time it took off when he joined the folk group, Strawbs, in 1969, and played on three of their albums, and later rose to greater heights during his times with the British super group, Yes, and wowed the fans around the world with his incredible performances.

 Wakeman has produced over 100 solo albums that have sold more than 50 million copies and you can an incredible solo by him by going to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDsvZGM1vD8

 I was the first journalist to ever write a story about Rick Wakeman. It occurred more than 40 years ago while I was working on a local newspaper in Ealing, West London, the Middlesex County Times, at which my dear colleague, Michael Ireland, also worked as a reporter. I was looking for stories for the paper and had just called in on a shop called the Musical Bargain Centre in South Ealing Road, and it was then that I heard someone playing amazing keyboards at the back of the store.I waited until he had finished and then talked with him.

That person was Rick Wakeman and he told me that he was then a student at the Royal College of Music in London and was also doing sessions with different musicians. He told me had had just played piano on and arranged Morning Has Broken for Cat Stevens and also played Mellotron on Space Oddity for David Bowie. Both went on to become number 1 hits in both the UK and the USA.


 Elton John, Dan Wooding and Rick Wakeman

 Rick told me that he had never been interviewed before, so I wrote up the story for the paper and we became best friends. He invited me to his home in Northolt and I sat there spellbound as he played for me on his home piano. I had never heard anything like it. I shared with him a little about my background, explaining to him that I was born of missionary parents in Nigeria, and it was then that Rick told me that he was also a Christian and had been baptized at South Harrow Baptist Church and, at that time, was also a Sunday School teacher there.

 As his career blossomed, I went on to write his authorized biography, and this latest one, which contains some updates, has been reissued and slighly updated, along with Elton John’s foreword, and the three of us even had our picture taken together at Brentford F.C. for the back cover of the book. Rick and I have remained close friends for all these years and he has also performed several concerts for ASSIST in the United States. I have been asked about the title, well that comes from the fact that the blond figure of Wakeman would wrap his glittering shimmering cape around his giant frame and head on stage at arenas around the world to start another incredible performance on his battery of electronic keyboards. And, even today, the “Caped Crusader” continues to push back the limits of music with his extraordinary talents. The purchase a copy of “Caped Crusader” just go to:

http://www.amazon.com/CAPED-CRUSADER-Rick-Wakeman-1970s/dp/1908728302/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1335474883&sr=1-1

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Estamos aqui aguardando seu comentário para essa postagem, fique à vontade:

feed ejc

feed ejc
http://feeds.feedburner.com/EltonJohnsCorporation

map visitors


Elton John´s Pics